Burglary Insurance Claims
Thefts and burglary is something inevitable, since your absence is something that a burglar is going to enjoy. Though we preserve the high protection and security, still for some misdeeds you might suffer from a burglary at your home.
Therefore, if you have burglary insurance then you can claim the same when damage caused to insured property and might occur due to theft or forcible and violent act. When you replace the amount while claiming, you can subject it to intrinsic value of the property and insured sum limit.
How to claim for burglary insurance?
You need to inform the insurer and submit the documents that you might require to process as suggested by the insurance company you have chosen.
- You must intimate your Insurance Company on time
- You must preserve the damaged property
- You must take photographs of the burglary location
Documents Required to Submit
- Submit correctly filled claim form with below documents
- Obtain FIR and NTC(Non-traceable certificate) for the insured property got stolen.
- Undertaking on stamp paper for the value to be given back to respective insurance company, if the stolen property is found.
- Photos of damaged property in case of burglary and forced violent entry.
- You cannot initiate a claim if you have any family member involved in burglary or theft.
- If the damage occurred due to riot & strike/terrorist activity/natural hazards.
- Damages due t to war or nuclear testing.
- Nobody is in the premises for 7 or more days & nights.
- If the thing is stolen while shifting or moving items to different place
- Notify this to Insurance company/Third-Party Agent(TPA).
- If there is no response in 15 days then inform about the same to Grievance cell.
- Still no response? Take this to Quasi-Judicial Body or Insurance Ombudsman centre who can help you.
- If all above doesn’t work , then it’s high time to take this matter to court.
Still you have any question OR you need our expertise or guidance for hassle free and maximum claim amount Contact Us