Motor Insurance Claims
Motor insurance claim is to redress in damage for any road vehicle (Two wheeler, private car, commercial vehicles) from accidents, theft.
How to claim for motor insurance?
- Get FIR report
- Inform insurance company
- In case of accident: Take photos
- In case of theft: Non traceable certificate from Police authority.
- Submit correctly filled insurance claim form.
- Must get an estimate of the amount of damage from motor repair garages.
- FIR report for any accidental case like explosion, burglary, riots, terrorist etc.
- Meteorological report in case of earthquake, volcanic eruption, lightning, falling of foreign object.
- Bill of lading
- Invoice and log of stocks with shipping details.
- Copies of correspondence exchanged if any with the carriers.
- Claim bill.
- In case there is any mechanical and electrical/electronic breakdown.
- Failure or breakage , consequential loss, depreciation without accident.
- When vehicle is used outside geographical area.
- Drunken driving/Wars.
- Not having valid driving license.
- Vehicle is used for unlawful purpose
- Notify this to Insurance company/Third-Party Agent(TPA).
- If there is no response in 15 days then inform about the same to Grievance cell.
- Still no response? Take this to Quasi-Judicial Body or Insurance Ombudsman centre who can help you.
- If all above doesn’t work , then it’s high time to take this matter to court.
Still you have any question OR you need our expertise or guidance for hassle free and maximum claim amount Contact Us